Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leisure Definition: Parth Lakdawala

I think that leisure is something that is unique to each person. I feel that we define leisure as an activity that where we can forget about the daily problems we face and simply enjoy ourselves stress free. My personal definition of leisure is to travel the world and experience all the different cultures and customs that the world has to offer. The picture is of me on the top of Huashan Mountain in Xian, China. It is one of the five scared Taoist mountains and I am sitting at a height that is 1/4 the height of Mount Everest. This picture captures my experiences while traveling very well. Sitting at the edge allowed me to contemplate my life and simply relax without worrying about everyday problems. Being surrounded by a different culture helped satisfy my desire to learn and immerse myself into different cultures and customs. Finally, traveling around and meeting people helps broaden one's horizons and learn how the world and its people are truly interconnected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment